In this live class we answered a bunch of questions from worship leaders and singers. It turned out to be over 2 hours of high level vocal information, including:
- A walk through of what killed Phil Wickham’s voice and how to avoid it
- Why your voice isn’t consistently good on the same song
- How the voice actually makes sound and how we tend to sabotage it
- Signs of vocal damage and the different types of unbalanced singing that can lead to damage
- My own story of recovery from extreme vocal damage
- How any singer can learn to sing effortlessly
- Mic tips that can save your voice
- How to take a compliment in the church (do you know how many people struggle with this?)
- How to find the perfect key for all singers to sing in
- How to successfully sing the high/hard notes
- How to get rid of mucous in the throat and overcome other physical factors that affect singing
- One of the biggest lies told to singers in the church about what they should do before they sing
- PLUS, I gave a great vocal warmup and 3 bonus exercises you can do to rebalance your voice during rehearsal or while you’re on stage.
A special thanks to worship leader and recording artist Tricia Zody who joined us as a video guest and shared about the discouraging things you can hear while recording both from your voice and other people and how to handle them.
Get high level vocal coaching tips
Subscribe for content-packed emails and get "Squeeze Your Butt & Other Singing Lies" FREE!